While you’re at work this week, think about…
- Sleeping in
- Staying up late
- Being in no hurry to go anywhere
- Sitting on the beach without a care
- Reading a book because you want to, not because you have to
- Playing in the waves with your kids
- Tilting your beach chair back and taking a nap…on purpose
- Buying sno-cones and french fries at the beach concession stand
- Going for bike rides and searching for alligators in the lagoons
- Taking your daughter out for her first “official” round of golf.
- Not worrying about a 30-45 minute wait at a restaurant
- Enjoying a “local favorite” (or two) on tap
- Enjoying a few more back at the condo as the sun goes down
- Actually having fun shopping with the family
- Writing postcards to loved ones
- Searching the web for minor league baseball games to possibly catch on the way back home
- Not worrying about work until next week.
Yeah. That’s why we work so hard the rest of the weeks of the year.
Maybe I’ll write some more blog posts this week…or maybe not. I’m on vacation so I’m not really worried about it.
So here’s a question for you – “How do you best enjoy your vacations?”
Photo Credit: Derek Gavey via Creative Commons