Monday Morning Match is a short post – maybe a quote, inspirational story or idea – intended to spark some motivation inside of each of you so your week gets off to a fantastic start on Monday morning.
Do you stand out? Are you unique? When God created you, did they “break the mold”?
Is what you do, done the way you do it, also done by others? When you look up ‘status quo’ in the dictionary could there be a picture of you? Will your next creative idea be your first?
There are over 1 million members of the National Association of Realtors in the United States. Those people can rightfully call themselves REALTORS®. It’s been estimated that close to another 500,000+ people have a real estate license (but just are not members of NAR). And who’s to say how many of the 300+ million people living in America have held a real estate license at some point in their life?
So is it any wonder that the general public might not see any difference from one practitioner to the next if we don’t go out of our way to show how we’re different?
No Joke, Learn from the Oak
I challenge you to discover ways this week that you can be different from your fellow Realtor. I’m not talking about changing the color of your yard sign (there may be state licensing issues) but what can you do to deliver your services in a way that will make those you interact with say “Wow! That was different…and I really liked it. I liked it enough to talk about it and tell others.”?
- Have you stopped by that recently expired listing or the new FSBO in your neighborhood to introduce yourself or did you do what the majority of agents did – nothing?
- Do you deliver a pre-listing packet with homework to each and every potential Seller client you meet with?
- Do you hand deliver thank you gifts to your clients after a successful closing to show them your appreciation or do you just quickly cash the commission check and move on to the next client?
- How do you handle personal referrals? Are they accepted as part of the job or do you show those people who trust you enough to refer family, friends and co-workers your gratitude with a hand written thank you note?
- Are you spending your Sundays hiding from the opportunities that might be out there or do you hold open houses and maximize your opportunities for traffic by inviting neighbors, past clients, and co-op agents?
This week, try to be more like the oak tree and get out where the winds blow, the rain falls and the sunshine scorches.
That’s where the growth will happen.
Get out there and build relationships, solve problems and have fun.